Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The bald man does chocolate right

By the time my day is done, I am usually sleepy until I remind myself that I’m in New York, and I can’t miss out. (Come on KP, don’t be lame!)

Because my roommates and I are all so busy during the day, the only real time we get to play is in the evenings. Though we enjoy hitting up some of the nightlife, most of the clubs stay open until ridiculously late hours here (unlike in Gainesville where “last call” is at 2 a.m.). As a result, we quickly learned that sometimes it’s best to save the wild nights for the weekends…when we don’t have to go anywhere super early the next morning. Still, we all need a little salvation every once in a while.

That’s why last night, Jess, Cristina and I decided to treat ourselves to a little late night sweet at Max Brenner Chocolate by the Bald Man. It probably doesn't help that it's within a two-minute walk from our Union Square apartment.

A chic chocolate bar inspired by the one and only Willy Wonka, Max Brenner is right up this chocolate lover's alley. Its menu features chocolate martinis, chocolate pizza, chocolate truffles, chocolate ice cream, hot chocolate, s’mores and its famous chocolate fondue. Can you say paradise or what? My mouth salivated the moment I walked in the door.

We three musketeer-ettes shared the fondue, the chocolate and banana pizza and a sampler platter while chatting and catching up until the bistro turned up the dimmed lights and started locking the doors. It was a fun – and fattening – way for us to get out of the apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rate the plate! Let me know what you think.