Monday, August 17, 2009

A new blog look for a new year (school year, that is!)

College town, Florida = LOTS of forking and spooning. Everyone’s looking for it (they are too lazy to cook for themselves), so I’ll provide the need-to-know info about where to (and where not to) fork and spoon in Gainesville. Now that I’m back to my old stomping grounds, I’m ready to go Gator chomping at all my favorite local restaurants and find tons of new ones. Then, of course, I'll share them all with you.

A word to the wise – Gainesville is chock-full of superb food. Between all the fast food places, though, the tough part is knowing where to find the gems. A little insider knowledge goes a long way in learning that college town does not mean college food or trashy atmosphere.

The down and dirty dish before you fork from my tons of previous experience: Dragonfly takes reservations. Merlion's is the best Thai food you'll find. Ti Amo serves its food tapas-style, perfectly conducive to sharing with a special someone. D’Lites has two locations. A bowl of pho from Saigon Legend will last you two meals. And Las Margaritas will put a giant sombrero on your head if it's your birthday.

Happy eating!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rate the plate! Let me know what you think.